NMRA Pacific Southwest Region 2021 Convention
September 8 - 11, 2021
Hilton Hotel / Orange County Airport
Welcome to the 2021 Pacific Southwest Region Convention website “Orange Blossom Special”
Keynote Speaker Charlie Getz
Now Boarding the
Orange Blossom Special
On September 8, 2021, the Orange Blossom Special will depart. Have you purchased your ticket? This will be the first Pacific Southwest Convention in two years, and if you are like me, I am ready to get back to normal and have some great model railroading fun. Registration for the Orange Blossom Special is doing very well which is good for the convention but could be bad for you if you have not already registered. Why, well tours and extra fare clinics are filling up, so if you register later, you may miss out on some of the tours or extra fare clinics you wanted to attend.
Here is a recap of some of the high lights you will find on the Orange Blossom Special.
- Wednesday night Welcome Reception – This will be an ice cream social that includes Bingo for Trains, and is included in your full registration package
- Thursday morning Pacific Southwest Region general membership meeting that includes a continental breakfast and a chance to meet the newly elected officers for the region.
- Do not forget the contest room is the chance for you to show off all the models you have been working on for the last 18 months. And do not forget the One Foot Challenge has cash prizes.
- Yes, we have clinics lots of them for both Rail and Non-Rail
- If your thing is tours we have them as well. GEMCO Yard, home layouts, Nixon Library, and yes, we also have Operations Sessions.
- Let’s not forget we have raffles, a N scale SP Daylight set complete with DCC locomotive and 10 cars. Okay, so your scale is HO how about a Santa Fe Super Chief with 3-unit F7s DCC/sound and 8 cars. Still not your scale we also have an On30 Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 DCC locomotive. All you need to do is buy a ticket and you may take one of these great prizes home.
- Friday night we have our Hobo Auction with over 200 items up for grabs. This is always a fun social event so come and join the fun.
- Hey, you have to eat breakfast anyway so why not join in the fun and attend the Hobo breakfast on Saturday morning. Don’t worry the swap meet starts after the breakfast.
- Speaking of the swap meet do you have stuff you will never build or use here is the opportunity to make a few bucks. First table is free to registered attendees, but tables are limited so sign up now. You can also buy additional tables at $10 each.
- And what convention would not be complete without the Awards and Recognition Banquet. And we are fortunate to have Charles Getz as our Keynote Speaker, what a great way to end the Orange Blossom Special.
This will be the only trip in 2021 do you really want to miss it? Buy your ticket now only $125
2021 PSR/NMRA Convention Chair
Hosted by the Cajon Division of the NMRA.